About The Hive – enterprise, hot desking and hospitality centre
The Hive is a brand-new concept, described by some as a new-age internet cafe, others a collaborative co-working centre. It is both of these, and so much more. Our aim has been to create a vibrant space where enterprise can thrive. A place where all types of workers and members of the community can work, collaborate and socialise. In essence, an environment that stimulates enterprise, and allows local businesspeople to take a break from home-working, interact with like-minded individuals, and be there for the community – at the heart of the community.
A boutique hub, The Hive has been specifically designed to:
• Deliver highly flexible, viable hot desking services with hyper-fast WIFI and dedicated IP internet
• Offer business support services including access to an information area for organisations to promote themselves, workshops, one-to-one mentoring, startup loans and other forms of funding
• Show-case the work of talented artists, including paintings, photography, sculptures, glass and ceramic work, jewellery and other handcrafted products
• Serve delicious, nutritious food and drink which combines local produce with Mediterranean cuisine, served throughout the premises each day from its Anglo-Greek deli and cafe bar
• Host a diverse range of events including networking evenings, private art viewings and exhibitions, talks around special topics, private and community get-togethers.
Open 7 days a week, The Hive has two main functions:
Go Business – Monday to Friday from 8pm – 5pm. The hub focuses on providing services to local and visiting business people. Our ‘Buzz Lounge’ offers food and refreshments and WIFI access to short stay visitors. The rest of The Hive is dedicated to servicing Buzz Pack holders. Once you have a Buzz Pack, there is no contract or fuss, just book what you need and pay as you go.
Go Social – Monday to Friday evenings and weekends, the hub welcomes the community to interact with its services and facilities. Hyper-speed WIFI, fabulous food and a great selection of drinks transform The Hive into a community hang-out with a buzz. A range of exciting events from art and networking, to workshops and guest talks are also held during evenings and weekends.
10 pairs of tickets up for grabs for a stunning night of West End talent.
The lucky winners of the draw will be announced on 6th July.
Selected from thousands of performers, Lee Mead was thrust into the spotlight in 2007 to play the iconic role of ‘Joseph’ in the West End, an incredible run that had to be extended to satisfy public demand.From there the star’s career has been a never-ending rollercoaster of differing engagements from stage to screen.
In the West End, Lee has appeared in Wicked, Legally Blonde and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to name just a few and on television in Casualty and Holby City in which he still portrays Lofty Chiltern. Lee has released five albums and appeared on countless others including The Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber.Lee Mead’s life has been a whirlwind of incredible achievements and now, for 2019, he wishes to give something back and invite his fans to join him during this evening for an intimate interview, completely stripped back where Lee gets the opportunity to talk not only as Lee the showman but also as Lee the man. He will talk about the magical moments, the highs the lows, the memories and of course the songs, the songs the audience love to hear. Just Lee, a grand piano, and a pianist showcasing the exquisite poignancy of his voice.
This is Lee Mead, this is a dream that became a reality, this is his story.View this Event