About The Hive – enterprise, hot desking and hospitality centre
The Hive is a brand-new concept, described by some as a new-age internet cafe, others a collaborative co-working centre. It is both of these, and so much more. Our aim has been to create a vibrant space where enterprise can thrive. A place where all types of workers and members of the community can work, collaborate and socialise. In essence, an environment that stimulates enterprise, and allows local businesspeople to take a break from home-working, interact with like-minded individuals, and be there for the community – at the heart of the community.
A boutique hub, The Hive has been specifically designed to:
• Deliver highly flexible, viable hot desking services with hyper-fast WIFI and dedicated IP internet
• Offer business support services including access to an information area for organisations to promote themselves, workshops, one-to-one mentoring, startup loans and other forms of funding
• Show-case the work of talented artists, including paintings, photography, sculptures, glass and ceramic work, jewellery and other handcrafted products
• Serve delicious, nutritious food and drink which combines local produce with Mediterranean cuisine, served throughout the premises each day from its Anglo-Greek deli and cafe bar
• Host a diverse range of events including networking evenings, private art viewings and exhibitions, talks around special topics, private and community get-togethers.
Open 7 days a week, The Hive has two main functions:
Go Business – Monday to Friday from 8pm – 5pm. The hub focuses on providing services to local and visiting business people. Our ‘Buzz Lounge’ offers food and refreshments and WIFI access to short stay visitors. The rest of The Hive is dedicated to servicing Buzz Pack holders. Once you have a Buzz Pack, there is no contract or fuss, just book what you need and pay as you go.
Go Social – Monday to Friday evenings and weekends, the hub welcomes the community to interact with its services and facilities. Hyper-speed WIFI, fabulous food and a great selection of drinks transform The Hive into a community hang-out with a buzz. A range of exciting events from art and networking, to workshops and guest talks are also held during evenings and weekends.
2 x Family Tickets up for grabs (Family ticket = 2 Adults + 2 Children)
The lucky winners of the draw will be announced on 17th July.
A must for all Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans and great family entertainment. Host, Alastair Watson brings the books to life with fun activities including The Wimpy Kid Draw-Along and The Wimp Wars! Quiz. The event also includes exclusive clips of author Jeff Kinney talking about the books, his involvement in the films and showing how he draws the characters. All those who purchase a book on the day will be eligible for it to be stamped with an exclusive Wimpy Kid Show stamp.View this Event